Playing games with errors and continuous crashing is the most annoying thing for the gamer. Recently many Fortnite players are reporting the Fortnite Keep Freezing issue.
If you are facing this problem, before contacting the game’s developer try these solutions which are given in this article.
Fortnite Finally unveils the next Skins with “Suicide Squad”!
How to Fix Fornite Keep Frezzing on Windows 10 PC
- Run Fortnite as an Administrator.
- Update your Graphic Driver.
- Check For Windows Update.
- Adjust your Virtual Memory.
- Turn Off VSync.
- Close Other Background Applications.
- Reinstall Fortnite.
Solution 1. Run Fortnite as an Administrator
The Fortnite game might be freezing because it can’t access your game files and folder on your computer. If you are a new user then try to run the Fortnite game as an administrator. Apply the following steps.
- Exit Epic Game Launcher.
- Click on Epic game icon Select run as an administrtor.
- Restart your computer and open Fortnite game.
Hope your problem will be fixed. If not then move on to the next method.
Solution 2. Update your Graphic Driver
The outdated or corrupted graphic card driver can be the cause of Fortnite’s keep freezing issue. You need to update them to the latest version.
You can update these drivers manually by going into the device manager. Here’s how:
- Press Windows + R key and type in “devmgmt.msc” to open device manager.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand the list.
- Right-click on the graphics card and update it.
Alternatively, you can download driver updater software for Windows 10. These tools will update all the outdated system drivers with a single click.
Solution 3. Check for Windows update
If you are using an outdated Windows version you may be facing Fortnite keeps freezing issue. Try to install all the Windows updates to the latest version. Follow the methods which are given below.
- Press Windows logo key type Windows update and then select Windows Update Setting.
- Click check for updates, wait and then you will see the pending updates update all.
- Restart your Computer and open fortnite game hope your error fortnite keep freezing issue will be solved.
Solution 4. Adjust your Virtual Memory
Virtual memory is the latest addition to your PC memory. When your RAM runs out, the PC starts saving your file in virtual memory. If your virtual memory is not working then your game might be freeze. To adjust virtual memory follow these steps.
- Press Windows logo key and type Advance Windows Settings in Search menu.
- In Advance Tab click Setting button on the one Performance box.
- The performance Options will Show. Click the Advanve tab and then click change.
- In the resulting Virtual Memory window, uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. Then click your C drive.
- Set the customize setting to 4096 in the text box to intial size Maximum size.
- Click set then ok to save the change.
Now restart your computer and re-open the Fortnite game.
Solution 5. Turn off VSync
You can synchronize the game frame with your monitor’s refresh rate screen tearing in 3D PC games. you can easily turn off VSync to avoid Fortnite freezing issues.
- Run Fortnite and click on Battle Royale.
- Go to the Settings.
- Search VSync and set it off.
- If its off then turn it on reboat your computerand turn off VSync again.
Solution 6. Close Other Background Applications
Sometimes Fortnite keeps freezing because your PC is not designed for gaming. It may be running out of resources when mass effect legendary addition is running.
If your system does not have enough space to run the game along with other Apps which are running in the background desktop-like browser video player etc.
Then you need to close all the apps which are running in the background. Your game Fornite keep freezing issue will be resolved.
Solution 7. Reinstall Fortnite
If all the above methods fail, try this last method which is to reinstall the Fortnite game to avoid Fortnite keep freezing issue. This is the last and best solution for your problem. here is how to do it
- Run Epic Game Launcher.
- Go to Library and click on Settings button.
- Click on Uninstall Fortnite game.
- Relaunch the Epic launcher to Download and Install Fortnite.